Data Fusion Consultants provide customized data modelling and data analysis solutions for the public and private sector. We offer consulting, research, and development in the field of data analysis, statistical modeling, inference, and optimization. We provide efficient, robust, custom-made solutions to problems involving data analysis, uncertainty and inference.
We bring to you the latest advancements in data analysis solutions from cutting-edge research in astrophysics and neurosciences. We are expert software developers with over a decade experience in the field, and at the forefront of Big Data analysis.
We are passionate about our work and believe in the power of merging innovative, advanced inferential tools with clarity of thought and the ability to explain complex problems in accessible terms.
Whatever your problem, big or small, we have a solution for you.
Please do get in touch to discuss. We look forward to hearing from you.
Areas of expertise:
- Bayesian inference and model selection
- Numerical data analysis and data mining
- Environmental assessment of risk
- Astrophysical phenomena and related topics
- Cosmology, the Big Bang, dark matter, dark energy
- Neurosciences and brain modelling
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Statistical modeling
- Inference, prediction and optimization
- Training and workshops: probability theory, inference, numerical methods, computational solutions
- Expert witness
- Software design, development and implementation
- Statistical consultancy for a client in the shipping industry in a litigation involving the compliance of cargo to contractual specifications. Provision of a technical report rebutting evidence presented by the counterpart. Production of a joint report with the counterpart’s expert witness.
- Statistical consultancy for a client in the energy industry in a litigation involving estimation of damages due to potential fraud. Building of a statistical model to evaluate the overall damages from a limited sample of cases audited. Provision of a technical report to be used in court. Collaborated with project managers, auditors and barristers in building the case. Case settled out of court.
- Provision of technical evidence and mathematical modelling for a client in the construction industry. Collaborated with planning consultants and barristers to prepare evidence for a Public Inquiry. Expert witness services at the Public Inquiry, securing a favourable outcome for the client.
- Provision of a technical report reviewing statistical modelling of a category of catastrophic events in the nuclear industry. Provided statistical evidence at a Technical Advisory Panel meeting for the Office of Nuclear Regulation (UK).
Our clients include:
- Dentons LLP, London
- Passionbrand, London
- Short Richardson & Forth LLP, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Inquiron, London & Dubai
- Lydd Airport Action Group, Littlestone
- MCI Developments, Wigan
- UK Power Networks, London
- Catsnake Films, London
Meet our consultants:
Dr. Roberto Trotta, MSc(hons), PhD, FRAS, FHEA. Roberto is one of the worldwide leading figures of astrostatistics — the development and application of advanced statistical techniques to problems in astrophysics and cosmology. In his academic career, he held prestigious fellowships at Oxford before becoming faculty at Imperial College London, where he continues to develop cutting edge statistical methods to investigate dark matter and dark energy. Roberto was named by Foreign Policy magazine as one of the 100 Leading Global Thinkers 2014.
Dr. Pietro Berkes, MSc, PhD. Pietro has over 10 years experience academic research developing machine learning algorithms and researching the statistical basis of perception at Humboldt Universty in Berlin, the Gatsby Computational Neuroscience Unit (UCL) in London, and Brandeis University in Boston. He received a Ph.D. degree in biophysics from Humboldt University in Berlin, and a M.S. degree in mathematics from ETH in Zurich. Pietro’s expertise lies in machine learning, Bayesian and classical statistics, numerical, and scientific software development.
Registered office: Onega House, 112 Main Road , Sidcup DA14 6NE, UK